. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Friday, August 1, 2014

zen seeing part 2


a couple weeks ago,
I thought I'd
revisit it.


It was pure delight
creating these images
...
from conception
thru composing,
studying,
drawing,
photographing,
to post-processing.


Photography, like drawing, can be a
Right Brain activity;
but it starts with
seeing
really seeing -  


Check out Kim Manley Ort's post on
photography, drawing, and seeing.
Thank you Kim for
your amazing
blog!


"drawing...the intensifier of firsthand seeing,
as a catalyst of awareness
that makes us independent of our serfdom
to technology."
Frederick Frank
Zen Seeing, Zen Drawing


These few
still quiet hours
with my camera
my pencil and paper
and my computer
- or paintbrush or pliers or needle & thread -
...
this is my idea of
a perfect
Be Still Day
(even if it is only a few hours).

Lillian seems to enjoy it too.
She reminds me to be curious...
...and try new things.



Notes:

LIGHTROOM
Recipe:
Scott Kelby's
B&W conversion
then
boost Clarity and Vibrance
plus my own
Subtle Sepia Split Tone

PHOTOSHOP
textured with two layers of
kk_pinitonly4
Soft Light 28%
Vivid Light 15%

***

"I created beauty to declare the existence of My holy Being....to proclaim My Presence in the world. Most people rush past these proclamations without giving them a second thought...Even before you knew Me personally, you responded to My creation with wonder. This is a gift, and it carries responsibility with it. Declare My glorious Being to the world."

excerpt from
July 30 reading
from
Jesus Calling
by
Sarah Young


***
Linking up with
(Week 11)





13 comments:

  1. Awesome Be Still moments and your drawings just wonderful....how wonderful to be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dandelions. Your b&w images are beautiful. I can't draw, I am very impressed with your drawing of the dandelion. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're drawing, Cindy, and especially dandelions. Your photographs are stunning. And, thank you for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. o o o o o be still the heart within me. I love your sketchings! You make me want to draw but I'd rather look at yours. Such gorgeous processing too. If you ever sell copies of your drawings let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb works! I love the first one showing your pencil, journal and dandelions, and the drawing - is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You never cease to amaze me with your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos, artwork and words are so beautiful.... WOW! WOW!! WOW!! Loved it all :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You aptly conveyed the zen feel with these photos...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't put into words how much I enjoyed this post! Beautifully described stillness in words and images!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cindy!

    I just discovered all your really wonderful comments on OXOXO and want to thank you for each and every one:) Usually I know if I have a comment and respond to it because it shows up in my email and yours went to the Junk mail box for some reason! Maybe because you don't have email checked off on your comments preferences. Whatever....I just want you to know that I discovered them and appreciate them.

    xoxo
    Gail

    ReplyDelete