. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sunday, May 11, 2014

a mother's day album

So here's where my heart is
on this 
Mother's Day

***
Let me
illustrate with
some photos
from
the past

May 1960
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Our family
with Mom
at the center
(I'm just 2 weeks old here)

Mom was 8 months pregnant
with me
+
three small children
in tow
when they moved in
this brand-new house
just a few weeks
before



June 1989
Toronto
My parents
came to visit
when Kelly (our first)
was born


 Grandma and Kelly

Grandma, me, and Grandpa
with Kelly


Not quite
two years later...

Grandpa and Grandma
came to Toronto to meet
our little 'Enna'
with Kelly (22 mo) and Erin (3 mo)


And now...

a few 'selfies'
from
Kelly's
Instagram
album
this year

 March 5

March 28

May 8


***

Making the decision
to have a child
is momentous.
It is to decide
forever
to have your heart
go walking around
outside
your body.

Elizabeth Stone



Happy Mother's Day
Mom!




and
to Kelly:

Welcome
to the
Club!







2 comments: