. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Friday, September 13, 2013

the calm...before the storm



Sunrise at Crown Hill Lake

Edit done with Modern Jr. app
iPhone 5
Monday, September 9, 2013 10:17 AM

...photo editing done while in the waiting room at
Panorama Orthopedic Physical Therapy




original photo SOOC
iPhone 5
Monday, September 9, 2013 7:07 AM

...photo taken while on my daily early morning walk
around Crown Hill Lake


***

Back home a few hours later it looked like this:
not snow...hail.






original photos SOOC
iPhone 5
Monday, September 9, 2013 4:35 PM


...photos taken while surveying the aftermath
of the hail storm
that hit our neighborhood
earlier that afternoon.


We were fortunate to experience
only minor flooding in our basement.
Bob had just gotten home moments before;
he hurried outside with a bucket and
bailed hail out of this stairwell -


- the unused 'inlaw entrance' which flooded my art studio/sewing room.
Then he hurried back inside, where I was damming the flood with every big towel I could find.
We hurriedly unboxed his newly purchased Shop Vac
while I frantically read the assembly instructions:
You gotta remove the filter before vacuuming water!
We emptied the big nine gallon tub at least four or five times
into the shower in the adjacent bathroom.
Tight quarters in this tiny, narrow bathroom...especially for two of us in slings,
using only one good arm each.


***

Hail piled up about 6 inches deep in our yard.
Just two blocks away the hail was two to three feet deep.

This video pretty much sums it up:




 Jonathan Dismuke shot video of the storm
that washed away his newly poured cement patio this afternoon.
Hail and rain flooded many areas in Golden, Wheat Ridge, Lakewood and Arvada.
viewer-submitted video uploaded Monday from 9News (KUSA) website Monday night

The hail finally stopped after about 20 minutes,
but...



Check out this blog too.


***

We are truly blessed.

Our situation is a minor inconvenience
compared to the folks in surrounding areas.

up in the heart of Boulder County.



***

The Lord is my rock,
my fortress and my deliverer.
My God is my rock,
in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn
of my salvation,
my stronghold.

Psalm 18:2


***




Linking up with





4 comments:

  1. I have seen Lissa's pictures too. So crazy. We had some hail when we were in Montana this summer, but that was nothing like this, and I thought that was a lot. What teamwork for the two of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is crazy! My step-son's best friend moved to Lakewood first of this year. I'll bet they've posted some pics on FB. Glad you were able to do some good teamwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this weather is hitting everyone hope the damage wasn't too bad...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope things are under control soon for you! That hail is quite something! I lived in Greeley years ago, and on this date in 71 we had snow and a freeze.

    ReplyDelete