. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sunday, May 12, 2013

late spring

I have so wanted to combine all the things I've been enjoying messing around with lately, in true Mixed Media fashion. So here's how I pulled it all together:

This week's Texture Tuesday prompt was simply this: our photo must POP, and include at least one layer of any of Kim's textures. Well, it's been a rather soggy week here (I thought it was supposed to be 'April showers...') so I haven't been feeling very inspired with my camera lately.

I've noticed that most of our trees aren't leafed out yet. So I took my iPhone out early one morning last week and snapped some pix of bare trees, figuring I would build an art journal page around this idea and provide my own pop of color. It was the perfect excuse to play around with some iPhone photo editing apps, as Kim showed us awhile back.

Also, I just re-discovered Donna Downey's website, having learned wonderful scrapbooking and playful mixed media 'stuff' from her in the past. I couldn't wait to get my hands dirty again!

I had also just read about the Groupies of Kim Klassen One Word Creative Challenge: use the color orange (well, that color certainly pops, doesn't it?). Okay...I can rein myself in and just use minimal color + a 'pop' of orange.




edited on my iPad
with PS Touch app
kk_coolgrunge (Multiply 32% and tinted gold)
kk_prague (Overlay 58%)


original photo
iPhone 5


xoxo
Cindy

P.S. That's a bit of my own poetry too.


1 comment:

  1. Love Donna Downey, she is hilarious. Your mixed media page turned out great. I love the bare trees, might as well work with what you have. You packed a lot into this project, good for you :)

    ReplyDelete