. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

erin & haakon

mouse over to see the original

“So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard;
we're gonna have to work at this everyday,
but I want to do that because I want you.

I want all of you, forever, everyday.
You and me... everyday.”

Nicholas Sparks
The Notebook 

***

Awhile back I was enjoying all the wonderful snapshots taken by my sister-in-law, Pat Swainson, at Kelly & Aaron's wedding in August (because the Mother of the Bride certainly didn't have time to take many pictures that day...Thank you, Pat!)

It didn't take long to zero in on this wonderful shot of Erin and Haakon, recently engaged.



And then I started playing with it in Photoshop. I accidentally cropped it at an angle...and I liked it! I didn't have to do much else to this photogenic couple, so I sent it to Erin and she happily posted it on her Facebook wall.

One comment stuck in my head: that of my nephew Joey - away at college and unable to attend Cousin Kelly's wedding in his own home. It was something like, "I know that brick..."

I simply had to do something about "that brick" or that's all I would ever see.

Back to Photoshop to painstakingly clone the grout away, and...voila!

xoxo
Mimi






1 comment: